The Lodge Officers for 2017/18 are as on the Lodge Officers and Members Page and were appointed and invested at the Installation Meeting on Monday 15th January 2018.
The Lodge meets 5 times a year on the Third Monday of February, April, September, November, December (Installation).
FEBRUARY - Monday - 19th February
APRIL - Monday - 16th April
SEPTEMBER - Monday - 17 September
NOVEMBER - Monday - 19 November
DECEMBER - Monday - 17 December - Installation of Worshipful Master for 2018/19
At the time of the 25th Anniversary Meeting the Lodge had 35 members and by the end of 2017 this had increased to 37 members, two more than when it was founded in 1992.
A WELCOME TO THE LODGE FROM THE SECRETARY
Welcome to everyone visiting the website of The Framland Hundred Lodge No.9453, irrespective of if you are already a Mason, are thinking about joining or are simply curious.
• In January 2018 we were pleased to install our 26th Master, W.Bro Alan Marshall ProvGStwd, along with the Officers of the Lodge for the coming year. Many of these Brethren are just starting out on their Masonic careers which will, hopefully, see them become the Master of our Lodge in due course – they represent our future.
• Once again, we have a busy year ahead which we look forward to – along with the challenges that this will inevitably bring. However as we all work together to create a harmonious Lodge these will all be surmountable and create a sense of achievement for everyone in the Lodge.
• It is often said that Freemasonry is not a secret society - indeed having our own website would make secrecy difficult - but rather a society with secrets. These so called secrets are our ceremonies which form the basis of our meetings and provide us with a series of allegories which illustrate the very highest standards of honour, fidelity and honesty in human behavior.
• It is for this reason that we are keen to encourage our younger members to take part as it’s a great way to build self confidence and fully understand the message of these allegories.
• We are also keen that our members are open and willing to talk to their friends about their involvement so that the World may see the happy and beneficial effects of our ancient institution.
• Talking about ancient, you may have heard that we are currently celebrating the Tercentenary of the formation of the United Grand Lodge of England? During our long history many of the great men of our country have been proud to be called Freemasons and we are proud to be counted amongst their number. If you would like to find out more please feel free to get in touch via our website - CONTACT US
The February Framland Hundred Lodge Summons can be downloaded here - FRAMLAND SUMMONS-190218
Leicestershire & Rutland 2022 Festival
We have recently received the attached communication from the Leicestershire & Rutland 2022 Festival Committee regarding the availability of the 2022 Festival Jewels, Ties, Bow Ties and Pocket Squares.
The Framland Hundred Lodge - 9453 Treasurer, W.Bro Keith Harkness, will be holding a small stock of these items. His contact details can be found the Lodge Summons. Download the letter here - 2022 FESTIVAL JEWELS
Raising Bro. Raymond MacPhee: Monday 19th February 2018
The meeting of The Framland Hundred Lodge No. 9453 held on Monday the 19th February at Wicklow Lodge in Melton Mowbray saw Bro. Raymond MacPhee raised to the sublime degree of a Master Mason having being initiated on the 21st March 2016.
Sadly, later in the same evening the Lodge was informed of the resignation of Bro. Douglas Peet, who, at 93 years young, had decided that with regret he was too frail to continue attending the Lodge on a regular basis. Bro. Peet is a remarkable man that we will miss at our meetings; a former navigator on Lancaster bombers he had his first book, Legal Brief, published in 2016. W. Bro. Wall spoke a few words about Bro. Peet that all of the Brethren much appreciated.
The good news was that Bro. Peet has said that he is hoping to continue to come to the Mid-Week lunches with his wife so will not be completely lost to the Lodge. This news highlights the value of the numerous social events held in Melton Mowbray to which all Masons and their families are welcome. Find out more on our website: www.framland9453.org.uk
After the Lodge was closed in peace and harmony the Brethren enjoyed an excellent Festive Board and a presentation from W.Bro Tony Molyneaux, Provincial Almoner, explaining how and where funds from the MBF money were distributed within our Province providing an excellent conclusion to a most enjoyable evening for all concerned.
The photographs taken after the Lodge was closed can be found at The Framland GALLERY, click here- GALLERY
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE - The Framland Data Protection Notice for The Framland Hundred Lodge - 9453 can be found by clicking here - Data Protection Notice