The Lodge Officers for 2017/18 are as on the Lodge Officers and Members Page and were appointed and invested at the Installation Meeting on Monday 15th January 2018.
The Lodge meets 5 times a year on the Third Monday of February, April, September, November, December (Installation).
FEBRUARY - Monday - 19th February
APRIL - Monday - 16th April
SEPTEMBER - Monday - 17 September
NOVEMBER - Monday - 19 November
DECEMBER - Monday - 17 December - Installation of Worshipful Master for 2018/19
At the time of the 25th Anniversary Meeting the Lodge had 35 members and by the end of 2017 this had increased to 37 members, two more than when it was founded in 1992.
A WELCOME TO THE LODGE FROM THE SECRETARY
Welcome to everyone visiting the website of The Framland Hundred Lodge No.9453, irrespective of if you are already a Mason, are thinking about joining or are simply curious.
• In January 2018 we were pleased to install our 26th Master, W.Bro Alan Marshall ProvGStwd, along with the Officers of the Lodge for the coming year. Many of these Brethren are just starting out on their Masonic careers which will, hopefully, see them become the Master of our Lodge in due course – they represent our future.
• Once again, we have a busy year ahead which we look forward to – along with the challenges that this will inevitably bring. However as we all work together to create a harmonious Lodge these will all be surmountable and create a sense of achievement for everyone in the Lodge.
• It is often said that Freemasonry is not a secret society - indeed having our own website would make secrecy difficult - but rather a society with secrets. These so called secrets are our ceremonies which form the basis of our meetings and provide us with a series of allegories which illustrate the very highest standards of honour, fidelity and honesty in human behavior.
• It is for this reason that we are keen to encourage our younger members to take part as it’s a great way to build self confidence and fully understand the message of these allegories.
• We are also keen that our members are open and willing to talk to their friends about their involvement so that the World may see the happy and beneficial effects of our ancient institution.
• Talking about ancient, you may have heard that we are currently celebrating the Tercentenary of the formation of the United Grand Lodge of England? During our long history many of the great men of our country have been proud to be called Freemasons and we are proud to be counted amongst their number. If you would like to find out more please feel free to get in touch via our website - CONTACT US
The April Framland Hundred Lodge Summons can be downloaded here - FRAMLAND SUMMONS-APRIL18
Leicestershire & Rutland 2022 Festival
We have recently received the attached communication from the Leicestershire & Rutland 2022 Festival Committee regarding the availability of the 2022 Festival Jewels, Ties, Bow Ties and Pocket Squares.
The Framland Hundred Lodge - 9453 Treasurer, W.Bro Keith Harkness, will be holding a small stock of these items. His contact details can be found the Lodge Summons. Download the letter here - 2022 FESTIVAL JEWELS
W.Bro. SAMUEL HEDLEY KENDALL, PJGD
It is with regret that we have to announce that on Friday 20th April 2018 one of the leading lights of Freemasonry in Melton Mowbray, W. Bro. Hedley Kendall PJGW, passed to the Grand Lodge Above aged 95 years. In February 2014, at the presentation of a Certificate celebrating his 60 Years in Freemasonry, W. Bro. Kendall was described by the Provincial Grand Master, VW.Bro David Victor Hagger, as being the “Father Figure of Masonry in Melton Mowbray,”
W. Bro. Kendall was initiated into St Mary’s Lodge No 7164 on the 25th January 1954 and would go on to achieve the high rank of Past Junior Grand Warden of the United Grand Lodge of England.
He was certainly a father figure for The Framland Hundred Lodge No. 9453 being both a founder member of the Lodge as well as being Installed as its first Master on 27th May 1992. W. Bro. Kendall went on to serve it well over the years and many were saddened that at the 25th Anniversary meeting of the Lodge in 2017 he was too frail to attend the evening.
Royal Arch Masonry
W. Bro. Kendall was Exalted into the Vale of Catmos Chapter No. 1265 on the 15th March 1962 and went on to achieve Grand Rank as Past Assistant Grand Director of Ceremonies.
Mark Master Masons
W. Bro. Kendall was Advanced to the Rutland Lodge of Mark Master Mason’s No 1051 on 9th December 1964 and went on to achieve Grand Rank as Past Assistant Grand Director of Ceremonies. He was presented with a 50th year Certificate by the Mark Provincial Grand Master, VW.Bro Tony Morris, in 2015.
Royal Ark Mariners
W. Bro. Kendall joined the Rutland Lodge of Royal Ark Mariners No 1051 on 28th January 1977 and went on to receive Grand Rank on 4th December 2004.
Throughout his long Masonic career W. Bro. Kendall always remained a stalwart supporter of Freemasonry in Melton Mowbray and will long be remembered for his great contribution to the numerous Lodges and other Orders which meet at
W. Bro. Samuel Hedley Kendall – a shining example of a man and a Freemason.
The funeral will take place at St Mary’s Parish Church at Melton Mowbray on Tuesday 8th May 2018 at 10.30am followed by an Internment Ceremony at Thorpe Road Cemetery. Donations to the St Mary’s Lodge No 7164 Benevolent Fund. Funeral Directors, Richard Barnes Funeral Directors, Wilton Road, Melton Mowbray LE14 0UJ Tel: 01664 565311
Bro. DOUGLAS PEET
It is with regret that we have to announce that Bro. Douglas Alfred Peet has passed to the Grand Lodge Above on Wednesday 18th April 2018 after a short illness aged 92 years.
Bro. Douglas Peet had been an active member of The Framland Hundred Lodge No. 9453 for a number of years before deciding last month that, with regret, he was too frail to continue attending the Lodge on a regular basis. He was Initiated into Freemasonry in 1974 and was raised to a Master Mason in the same year. He joined the Framland Hundred Lodge in 2014.
A former navigator on Lancaster bombers going on to have his first book, Legal Brief, published in 2016 Bro. Peet was a remarkable man with a gentle sense of humour that we will miss at our meetings; I still recall with a smile his comment that he felt safer in a Lancaster over Germany than in the lift at Wicklow Lodge after it had became stuck one evening!
Bro. Douglas Alfred Peet - Truly did live respected and die regretted in our Masonic community.
There will be a Funeral Service and cremation at Grantham Crematorium on Friday 11th May 2018 at 1:30pm at which all who knew Bro. Peet will be welcome followed by a wake at Wicklow Lodge.
Family Flowers Only; Donations made payable to “Cancer Research UK” may be sent to Shane Mousley & Son Independent Funeral Directors, Cranmere Road, LE13 1TB. Tel: 01664 561400.
Initiating Bro. Christopher Davies: Monday 16th April 2018
In our April meeting just before the summer recess The Framland Hundred Lodge No. 9453 were pleased to initiate Bro. Christopher Davies into the mysteries and privileges of ancient Freemasonry.
The ceremony was performed by the Worshipful Master, W. Bro. Alan Marshall ProvGStwd who was ably assisted by the Officers and Brethren of the Lodge, some of whom were delivering their first ever floor work, to create a happy and harmonious environment for our newest member to remember for many years to come.
Judging by the quality of the work by some of our newest members The Framland Hundred Lodge No. 4953 will be looking forward to some great work and we encourage Brethren from other Lodges to come and enjoy an evening at one of our Ceremonies.
After the Initiation W. Bro. Keith Harkness PAGDC presented Grand Lodge Certificates to two of our recently raised Brethren, Bro. Dean Warner and Bro. Raymond McPhee, Bro. McPhee having stood in as Senior Deacon for the evening.
Once the Lodge was closed an excellent Festive Board from the Stewards provided a fine way for the members of the Lodge to go into the summer recess.
NB: Since the meeting closed Bro. Davies has been in touch to say thank you for all those present and helped with his Initiation into Freemasonry – we are sure that he will be an asset to both the Lodge and to Freemasonry in general and wish him well in his Masonic career.
See the GALLERY for the photos - Gallery
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE - The Framland Data Protection Notice for The Framland Hundred Lodge - 9453 can be found by clicking here - Data Protection Notice