The Lodge Officers for 2017/18 are as on the Lodge Officers and Members Page and were appointed and invested at the Installation Meeting on Monday 15th January 2018.
The Lodge meets 5 times a year on the Third Monday of February, April, September, November, December (Installation).
FEBRUARY - Monday - 19th February
APRIL - Monday - 16th April
SEPTEMBER - Monday - 17 September
OCTOBER - Monday - 15th October (Special Dispensation)
NOVEMBER - Monday - 19 November
DECEMBER - Monday - 17 December - Installation of Worshipful Master for 2018/19
At the time of the 25th Anniversary Meeting the Lodge had 35 members and by the end of 2017 this had increased to 37 members, two more than when it was founded in 1992. As at the 17th September 2018 The Lodge had 34 members. Earlier in 2018 two of our members ascended to the Grand Lodge above.
A WELCOME TO THE LODGE FROM THE SECRETARY
Welcome to everyone visiting the website of The Framland Hundred Lodge No.9453, irrespective of if you are already a Mason, are thinking about joining or are simply curious.
• In January 2018 we were pleased to install our 26th Master, W.Bro Alan Marshall ProvGStwd, along with the Officers of the Lodge for the coming year. Many of these Brethren are just starting out on their Masonic careers which will, hopefully, see them become the Master of our Lodge in due course – they represent our future.
• Once again, we have a busy year ahead which we look forward to – along with the challenges that this will inevitably bring. However as we all work together to create a harmonious Lodge these will all be surmountable and create a sense of achievement for everyone in the Lodge.
• It is often said that Freemasonry is not a secret society - indeed having our own website would make secrecy difficult - but rather a society with secrets. These so called secrets are our ceremonies which form the basis of our meetings and provide us with a series of allegories which illustrate the very highest standards of honour, fidelity and honesty in human behavior.
• It is for this reason that we are keen to encourage our younger members to take part as it’s a great way to build self confidence and fully understand the message of these allegories.
• We are also keen that our members are open and willing to talk to their friends about their involvement so that the World may see the happy and beneficial effects of our ancient institution.
• Talking about ancient, you may have heard that we are currently celebrating the Tercentenary of the formation of the United Grand Lodge of England? During our long history many of the great men of our country have been proud to be called Freemasons and we are proud to be counted amongst their number. If you would like to find out more please feel free to get in touch via our website - CONTACT US
The September Framland Hundred Lodge Summons can be downloaded here - FRAMLAND SUMMONS-SEPTEMBER 17TH 2018
Leicestershire & Rutland 2022 Festival
We have recently received the attached communication from the Leicestershire & Rutland 2022 Festival Committee regarding the availability of the 2022 Festival Jewels, Ties, Bow Ties and Pocket Squares.
The Framland Hundred Lodge - 9453 Treasurer, W.Bro Keith Harkness, will be holding a small stock of these items. His contact details can be found the Lodge Summons. Download the letter here - 2022 FESTIVAL JEWELS
Initiating Bro. Christopher Davies: Monday 16th April 2018
In our April meeting just before the summer recess The Framland Hundred Lodge No. 9453 were pleased to initiate Bro. Christopher Davies into the mysteries and privileges of ancient Freemasonry.
The ceremony was performed by the Worshipful Master, W. Bro. Alan Marshall ProvGStwd who was ably assisted by the Officers and Brethren of the Lodge, some of whom were delivering their first ever floor work, to create a happy and harmonious environment for our newest member to remember for many years to come.
Judging by the quality of the work by some of our newest members The Framland Hundred Lodge No. 4953 will be looking forward to some great work and we encourage Brethren from other Lodges to come and enjoy an evening at one of our Ceremonies.
After the Initiation W. Bro. Keith Harkness PAGDC presented Grand Lodge Certificates to two of our recently raised Brethren, Bro. Dean Warner and Bro. Raymond McPhee, Bro. McPhee having stood in as Senior Deacon for the evening.
Once the Lodge was closed an excellent Festive Board from the Stewards provided a fine way for the members of the Lodge to go into the summer recess.
NB: Since the meeting closed Bro. Davies has been in touch to say thank you for all those present and helped with his Initiation into Freemasonry – we are sure that he will be an asset to both the Lodge and to Freemasonry in general and wish him well in his Masonic career.
See the GALLERY for the photos - Gallery
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE - The Framland Data Protection Notice for The Framland Hundred Lodge - 9453 can be found by clicking here - Data Protection Notice
WICKLOW MASONIC CENTRE KITCHEN RENOVATION
The long awaited renovation of the kitchen at the Wicklow Masonic Centre in Melton Mowbray was started on Tuesday 22nd May. The last Lodge meeting, St Marys Lodge, was held on Monday 21st May. On the morning of 22nd May all the kitchen equipment was moved into the dining room and the bar.
To see the photographs of the progress of the renovation click here - Gallery